To help us meet all of your needs, follow these guidelines on the day of your procedure.
- Please arrange for an adult to drive you home after your procedure. We recommend that you have an adult remain with you the first 24 hours after your procedure. You cannot drive yourself and you should not be left alone.
- Please bathe or shower prior to your procedure. Remove all makeup. Do not use lotions or oils after bathing.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing such as sweat suits and easy-to-button shirts or blouses that are big enough to accommodate a large bandage after your procedure. Wear comfortable shoes—no high heels, please.
- Leave all valuables, including jewelry and cash, at home. We cannot be responsible for damaged or lost property.
- Be prepared to sign a form giving your consent for the procedure. If the patient is under 19, a parent or legal guardian must accompany the patient and sign the financial consent form.
- Bring all insurance cards with you to the Center. Please see the section on insurance and billing in the patient information area of this web site.
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled arrival time.
- If your procedure requires anesthesia, a nurse will escort you to the preoperative area and help you with preparations for your procedure. The anesthesiologist will review your medical history, answer your questions and explain the anesthesia plan.